Tuesday 11 August 2015

Reading portfolio sample

Description: in reading we have been doing tic-tac-toe activities. They are a bunch of activities that help with your goal ether summarising or questioning. I chose summarising. This is the tic tac toe I chose. Summarising is when you make a story shorter but keep all the main points. First I had to read the article and note take. After that you had to write a little story with your main words.




Bionic Eye


  • Ryan Flynn got the world's first bionic eye. He wears special glasses that have a little camera in them. It sends video images as electrical pulses to electrodes Implanted in the back of his eye. The main surgeon is Professor Paulo Stanga. I reckon this could fix blindness in the world but each bionic eye costs heaps of money. The other problem would be that it would take ages for the surgeons to complete the surgery.


Big idea: The learning involved in this activity is learning to summarise. I learnt that you have to read it more than once to be able to summarise it.

Feedback/Feedforward: I like how you explained a lot in your piece, but next time make your summary shorter. #Tane

Evaluation:I think I did well because I used all the main points but next time I will try to make my summarise a bit shorter.

1 comment:

  1. Lachlan, you have summarized this article well and I think you have raised a good point about it potentially curing blindness, but at what cost? Next time it would have been great to see you do one of your awesome summary videos like the other ones you have done for this piece.

    ReplyDelete